Tuesday, December 7, 2010

“I will miss you heaps Miss Dempsey” Bye, bye Brisbane


Fifteen short days at the school and I gained handfuls of Australian friends. We've even made it official on facebook. The staff and students at Whites Hill State College gave me heaps of laughter and memories. I enjoyed working in Year 6/7 D with Mrs. Wool, Mr. Crowley, and the 28 students! Since it was the end of their school year, I got to see end of the year testing and Christmas activities. We did everything from pom poms to stars to acrostic poems to stockings to a handmade tree. I also got to witness electives like Japanese, swimming and join in some games of dormball and dodgeball. Here are some fun pictures of the friendly staff and students. Also a snapshot of our final time in Brisbane spent at the Hillsong Christmas Spectacular! Merry Christmas... in a tank top, definitely a weird feeling. 
Top: Abbie, Sam, Zoe, Rachel, Mitchell, Zari, Noah
Fourth: Dani, Emma, Tat, Ella, Vashu, Faduma
Third: Chris, Reanna, Dylan, Steph
Second: Haamo, Ki-Ho, Izzy, Zarred, Brooke
Front: Zac and Sheffie
(not pictured: Jack, Chelsea, Brody, Adam)
 
 Jessica with her Aussie teacher, Mr. Seipel
 These guys (Mr. Pell, Mr. Crowley, and Mr. Richters) taught me all I know about cricket.. I'm still lost.
 Selena Wool! My wonderful Australian teacher!
 Hillsong Christmas Spectacular

3 comments:

  1. I love that photo of us!

    Have loved reading your blog, so many things about the class have made me laugh! I didn't know about the 'horses' question - how funny!

    I hope you are staying safe! Sel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s Cricket is stupid anyway, so don't worry about feeling lost - it's no big deal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... who were those boys who taught you cricket?!?!?! -- Trish

    ReplyDelete