Saturday, November 13, 2010

No peppermints...

The past few days in Aussie land have been spent exploring and shopping. At Woolworths we experienced our first grocery shopping trip. Its down the hill and a few blocks into the city. My grocery sacks looked very similar to what it looks like in Waco except a few different brands. In fact the first meal we cooked mirrors my daily dinners minus chocolate milk. 

Coles is another grocery store in the city but the closest one we've found is at Queen St. Mall. Speaking of Queen St. Mall, I love it, fun atmosphere. Its a huge shopping area with over 4 malls and streets closed off for traffic, 10 min walk from the apartment. Big W is the equivalent of Walmart and down the road there was a Target. We finally bought a straightener to calm down the humidity in our hair, except the cheap brand doesn't do too much for us. So we decided to join their fashion trends and shop for a sun hat. They wear these all the time, especially the students at school. 

And yesterday, Kelsey was a good friend and tagged along on my long journey to find an Aussie phone. Unfortunately most of the cashiers didn't know much about pre-paid phones but I finally found one that seems to work! Along the journey, we found the need to test out the taste of Mrs. Fields cookies. No worries folks, the cookies still have the same delicious feel in your mouth. Only difference is cookies are “biscuits” 

In other news, If you can find Dr. Pepper at a candy store and a guy wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt, you'd think you'd be able to find a simple peppermint.. Thats right, I might have to live 5 weeks without my red and white addiction. The closest thing I thought I found was  'Lifesaver Musks.' But don't be fooled, the lifesavers were pink and had little flavor, I think they were supposed to be cinnamon peppermints? So I stuck with a pack of mentos :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment